Saturday 10 October 2015

Diary 10th October 2015

So far it was an interesting and not so interesting day. hehheeh.

I got up after somewhat interesting dreams. I'm on a plane to Italy with people. I see Donald Trump at a side door tied to the door when the door breaks off, we the passengers have a mighty laugh. hahahah.

Another dream is a worry. My bike is in the way of my flatmate while he's on the way out. He hikes it elsewhere. I suddenly think its been stolen. However a person in a tree house basement living there knows about it and actually I spot it. I then exclaim "It pays to have a tree house". hahaah

So after the weird dreams I got ready. I then headed to the World Mental Health Day event organised on Facebook, well I spotted it on FB anyways. haahah. I thought it was the Bank Of Ireland, however it was Central Bank of IReland. as I always mix those two up. ahaah. So when I arrived, I was disappointed to learn it was only the youngsters that turned up. I did only look up eh Event page on Facebook and did note a few older people. yet only the youngsters turned up. However I spotted a familiar face, Ollie. I first initially saw him on my Sex Facebook page, but then transferred him over to general account. Was great to see him. heeheh. He brought along a mate of his. I felt I was back in school with the behavior of the youngsters. Afterall it's a very important awareness. I brought this up with Ollie. He made it out that the youngsters have it tough. Something like that. I was quick to point out, even 25(when I came out) and even OLDER people can have mental health issues.
So the layout was quite simple, something like ARAN's protest a few weeks ago. There was the gathering then, onto the actual March which is as follows:

Central Bank of Ireland - College Green - Westmoreland St - O'Connell St Bridge(where we stood a minutes silence) - O'Connell St - Parnell Sq - Gardens of Remembrance.

Now while I most enjoyed the march which was somber of course. Following were the chants:

Live Hope, Choose Life,

What do want
More beds
When do we want it
Now

No Ifs, No Buts
No Mental Health Cuts

So when we arrived at the Gardens of Remembrance, we had a few speeches and a few music notes. Twas very emotional even I got emotional via my eyes where they get very watery. There was a lad about late teens who cried his heart out, likewise a girl. Remember these are very young kids who have been affected with Mental Health difficulties or who know someone with Mental Health Difficulties etc., or even suicide.

Now one thing I was most objective against was that the Cops wasn't even around to help with the traffic management. The Organiser had to do it himself and I wouldn't mind he's only about 16 or whatever. Faire play to him.

I nearly forgot to mention, hahah, I was also to get my Vegan tshirt as well from Edmund. hahaha. So on the way, I wanted to park the bike at a pole near the Stand for Ban Fur Farming where Edmund and Evelyne on a Saturday have a stand. However with the Luas works, I was forced to continue on as there was a bus on top of me, and I went back through Trinity College to get back to Edmund, So I parked the bike at Dame St Bike Stand and walked up. Evelyne explained something to me relating to cow killing for just milk. For the purpose that I don't put off my readers etc., I won't publish the details. I will however publish a link. And if you want, you can at your own discretion.

VIEWERS Discretion advised

Calves and Cows suffering for milk

END

Then I headed on home. heheh

Well what a night it turned out to be. hahaha. My first port of call was to call up to my monthly visit of Ailish n Noel. Twas great seeing em both. hahahah. We chatted for a bit. Tell em about my above dream relating to Donal Trump, they sure got a great laugh out of it. ahahah. I told em of my visit to Dublin Port Rally back in Sept, of which I was told that Michael n Fina were out there and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was my intention to go direct to the event: March for Homelessness, from Ailish, however, thou that the bag I had my blankies in, was ripping, so I headed back home and then headed onto the event in question.

Then onto the highlight of the week, of which I was most looking forward to. Am talking about World Homeless Today Sleep out planned for outside the Dáil. Some slept including myself outside the Dáil. Twas a great atmosphere. I ran into Barry, twas great to see him. hehehee. When I arrived, there was a lad there or as I said to Barry a "freakshow", ie being boisterous etc., So I moved over along with the rest of them over to the steps or gates of the Dáil. So I was between sleeping or staying awake. I got myself a cuppa tea, but couldn't stay awake. So I just slept for a few hrs. heheeh. It was getting a bit nippy. But I didn't care. It was for a good cause. So then afterwards, I headed on home at 8ish. I was chatting to Barry etc., with saying what we have is no compared to the REAL homeless with the weather stigma etc., etc., Then something that caught my eye when Barry said for his own personal reasons that he was homeless from FAMILY. Not the homeless on the streets. I thought that was very poignant, as when I had no family tree ie Relatives I would have considered myself homeless but to a certain degree. On the way home, there was not a human in site, not even  a vehicle. Which I found out at 8am on a Sunday morning. hahaha. Even when we were doing the Sleep Out, there was plenny of activity by means of Vehicles etc Traffic etc., and of course the ppl themselves. My poor bikey kept being knocked down thou. And I said seriously, you blind, so one of the Sleep outs people were telling me to go and keep it beside me. So I tried locking the bike at National LIbrary gates, however it wouldn't lock, and even that I nearly lost the lock as it nearly fell inside the gate, hahaha, so I was very close. So I just put the lock on the back wheel. haahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment