Sunday 3 August 2014

Diary 2nd August 2014

Well it is with great regret to announce that the’res a possibility of me moving out of my VERY first home due to flooding AGAIN!!!!. I’ve 2 floodings. And as they say “3rd times STRIKE Law, we’re out” as they say. I can’t quite recall the time frame or whatever. But the first time, I endured the flood, wasn’t the best, it was up to near the bed. I attempted to call the 911, but they couldn’t help me, as I was able to leave the premises. They could only do it, if I were stuck in the premises. This was the time when Dublin was under water a few years ago. In the meantime, the Landlord, had refurbished the place. Then afterwards it flooded again. However not as bad. So now with the 3rd time flooded, I’ve had it. A person can only take a certain amount. So firstly I shall begin the HUGE cleanup on Tuesday as we have the Bank Holiday weekend in Ireland. So I’ve plans made. Like for today Saturday Night, I will be with my friend O’ Farrell and his mates. Then Sunday will be with my Fam MY Sis at the very least and then Monday to see Todd for Gardening and a film. Now getting back to the actual event at hand, I had got up with a view of actually looking at Friday’s news, However when I woke up, I heard quite alot of trickling, So I got up to a flood(Says I to meself FUCK IT), So I in me boxers at 5am in the morning, with my leather(faux pas – to my knowledge), get out the window to block rain and water from getting in again. SO I dragged the Sandbags to my door and a towel I never use. It did help apparently. So then I got back in and salvaged what I could. My deeply beloved Inflatables did get a bit of a hit, BUT I managed to salvage em. Likewise my new clothing I purchased over the last few weeks.

So while looking at the news, I have been for a few hours, working around how to get my Pics from the Sammy (my old phone). The Drives wouldn’t work. So I had to work extra. First I had to make room on the SD Card so that I could use Lappy to transfer from SD Card to HDD on the computer.

So just as I was about to have a toastie before going to O’ Farrells, I saw Mom coming down the steps. She took me out for a takeout. She left me to the bus stops. But me wanting to walk to his, place. I cleverly waited at the bus stop just in case she’d come back when I go walking or whatever. So that when the bus went by, she’d know that I’d be “on” the bus. hahaha. So when the bus had come and gone, I then headed down Clonliffe Rd., to go back to my place for a toilet break.

Then I got ready for my length of a walk to my mate Brendan’s where he was to gather a few mates of his. ON my travels to Rathfarnham where my mate lives, I was walking in wet, rainy viciously etc.,I was amazed as to the amount of people that were out etc., Like considering it was apocalyptic. Oh I had my umbrella. There were times that the rain let up(very rarely), I would take down my umbrella. But it was found that the rain from the trees was heavy anyways. hahaha. But generally constantly raining throughout the walk. I was drenched from head to toe. hahahaah. I then passed a few landmarks. One being Portobello College, where I used to work for work experience in Whitehall College of Further Education. I was required as part of my course for two week. I remember I had to do paperwork as part of the Course work. I used Uncle Joe’s death as an excuse but as it happens its actually wasn’t required. The lecturer was easygoing. No question of it. Then I arrived in Rathmines. 2 memories came to mind. One of em was a guy I was to have sex with. I passed his house. I initially met him on Manhunt. I remember, I arrived late, and as such he suggested I stay over. However I wanted to go home(bearing in mind I was still living with my folks) to Lappy. And the other memory which is more of a recent one, in that I met Brendan Searson over at Swan Leisure, which I actually passed. hahaha. So then with a few hiccups(Not much btw – Thanks to Sammy 2’s assistance on GPS Navigation) I eventually arrived at O’ Farrell’s place. However as I wasn’t gonna carry a vodka bottle and a coke bottle all the way over from Fairview, I decided to get the supplies when I arrived. As there’s a Tescos beside where he lives, it was handy. It was BYOA/D(Bring Your Own Alcohol/Drink) event. ahhaah. So while I was in tescos, I bumped into a familiar face. He was surprised to see me there. He thought I was living there. I said, no I was visiting my friend Brendan of which both guys know each other. The guy in Tescos had another guy in tail with him.

So then finally I arrived at Brendan’s place. A 2 hr walk, on a wet rainy night. What a great and most enjoyable walk. Again despite the rain, I thoroughly enjoyed the walk. So when I went in, I came across Daniel. I met Daniel originally with Brendan at Pride. Twas wonderful and lovely to see him again. WE chatted for hours on end. With of course our alcohol. heeheh. I was constantly offering the use of Dips Nachos and of course Absolut etc., O Farrell thought that the Absolut was Russian. So I quickly in a fiery said that Russia is against gays, and if Absolut were to be of Russian product, kinda ironic and contradictory. So then I looked at the Bottle and as it happens it’s actually Swedish, to which myself I was relieved. As I know for a fact that Absolut do support Gay Marriage. They outstandingly support gay rights and marriage equality. Even the last time when I first found out in Panti that they don’t sell Smirnoff Vodka, BUT they sell Absolut Vodka and I quickly told the bar staff sure. The reason for the quick answer was that they support Gay Rights.

So then we continued on the harse topic of Water Charges here in Ireland. As some of you may know that Ireland for hte first time is getting Water Charge ie we will be charged for using Water. So I proceeded to ask the guys this. TO my surprise Brendan totally against it. I said that US have it, UK and NI have it, and I’m pretty sure other countries in EU let alone the world have it. Daniel could see thou the point if all of a sudden a person is to start getting a new bill that it would be annoying others.

I then told em of my misfortunes at the Annual Gay Pride Parade. I revealed to em that I have written a letter to the editor regarding the matter. That I was totally disgusted with the whole idea of gays discriminating there own. I went on to give an example of Country A and Country B analogy. They were in complete awww and agreement. I then asked is it right to use a “tactic” to the No side of the campaign for the upcoming Gay Marriage Referendum. E.g WE could say to the No side BUT you hid Babies for the Mother and Baby Homes, Molestation etc., etc., Brendan totally agrees, now that I think actually BOTH agree. As back in Pride Event of Pride Politics, we were refrained from doing such tactics

Then somehow Business Ethics comes up. I me being a Gay Rights activists, had to ask if you were working for a company who is AGAINST gay rights, marriage etc., and a gay couple comes up to you an employee and asks for a cake with a same sex on the cake or something. Brendan would say, while he would obviously agree, but for the sake of the job, he would have to decline them. Daniel however would just simply quit. I would have to agree with Daniel, ahem that is until Brendan made a very good point, in that there ain’t not much jobs out there. So there’d have to be some compromise or something.

I then came across something horrific. Whenever I’m with Brendan he would cross the road, here’s me thinking it was to do with his opposition of the Republican Sinn Féin shop that’s on the street, BUT whats above is what shocked me. Brendan told me ontop the shop, is another business called Life House. He describes it as totally Right Winged ie against Gays, Abortion etc.,

So then Brendan then asked me, If I believe in God, and then WHY?I of course believe in God, However I failed to answer WHY? I attempted to give him the excuse that I prayed to him that the Flood would reced, which miraculously it did. Daniel’s answer of course he believe’s in God, BUT his reason is very simple. YOU NEED Religion and Spirituality.

Brendan is very keen on learning why I wanna move to NY. My first was Homophobia, But now its the LGBT Community and how they treat they’re kind. Brendan asked if any of us heard the term INTERNALISED HOMOPHOBIA. I vaguely recall it. But I don’t think any of us knew. But anyways, Daniel recommends North East(NY, CT, Vermont(Personally recommended by Daniel etc.,et c., ) and Cali.

And finally before we jetted off, we had one last discussion of relating to one of the thoughts that I’d have when I walk everywhere. So in this instance, I told em, that one thought that came to mind was that do all countries have some form of civil war past history e.g US against the South(southerners and Red Necks), Spain with Basc Separatist and the Catalans, Italy with the South too, and who can forget Ireland and the Northern Ireland. Very delicate issue that is. Then Daniel reminded us that Spanish DON’T have a dialect. Unlike Gaeilge e.g Caide mar a tá tú(Donegal – Ulster), Conas atá tú?(Leinster); Cén caoi bhfuil tú?(Munster). As far as I understand Romania, French and perhaps other languages(well minus the Spanish language) DO have a dialect. Who knew. heheehe

So then We heard Brendan’s mother coming in, and we all quiten but continued chatting. However that was shortly curtailed as we had all exhausted our voices. So Brendan went off and then Daniel and finally me. heheeh

NEWS

Belfast have celebrated their Annual Gay Pride Parade on a WET Rainy day. Biggest of its kind in Ireland and Britain.

Galways City Center and Belfast played host to protest against the GAZA Conflict. Dublin by far was the biggest. From the time it took to cross the city center from the Gardenance of Remembrance to St. Stephen’s Green(Department of Foreign Affairs) the numbers partaking int he protest swelled up

100s of Foreign nationals have been leaving Libya over escalating violence. Its believed over 100 Irish Nationals are currently residing there. Chinese and British are amongst.

An Australian Couple have been underfire after a global campaign had been launched in lite of this. Its believed that Australian Couple didn’t want a unhealthy child and when they learned the child had Congenital Heart condition and Down Syndrome, they didn’t want it. So a Thai Surrogate mother has vowed to care for the baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment