Monday 25 August 2014

Diary 24th August 2014

Well I got up tightly for the most anticipated March for Marriage march. It is hoped that it will be the last one as the Gay Marriage Referendum is on the horizon in Spring '15. On the way, I saw Christopher McGann. He was crossign the road towards the March in question. I then got talking to him. So we chatted and chatted while Marching too as well. I had mentinoted that he had disabled his FB. He explained that he was getting tired of it. Something liek that. I toghouth he had a young buck or something. But no. He mentitnoed healtihyl speaking, I could start off with Tumrik in my OJ. I could consdier it alrire. While marching we encountered Fergal. He said something like he's a "Homo". Now, I understood that he was taking the mikey or something homophobic. Cuase I remeber I said something of that nature abotu someone recently, and my friend BRendan O' F, (I think), I wouldn't say it too loud. But I think he was tryign to say that he's gay. He was representing Athiests Ireland. He had said he was on Parole. So he must have committed some crime or rather. So we all set about the march. We started off in Dame Street. The route is as follows.

Dame St - College Green - Grafton St - Nassau St - Kildare St - St. Stephn's Green - Stage.

We then stood for about an hr or so. We had the following Speakers.

Tara Flynn - Tara is a character from the Armagayddon Video. This is an LGBT Noise video. Here is a link for the video itself: LGBT Noise - Armagayddon.
She told us that a distressed man came up to her down in Cork(she being from Cork). and the young man asked her, "You might be upset when I tell you". He went onto say that he's from Dublin and is gay and he would like to know of any gay bars in the area. When she told him where to go, the "delight" and the gleam that came out of him. She went onto say that "If you don't like Pistachio ice cream, don't ban it from everyone. Just don't eat it." She gave this example as to what the Irish people are doing to the LGBT people. In that they don't like gay people, so they start telling their kids etc., don't go near em etc.,

Dil Wickremasinghe. She was the next speaker to come onstage. With a powerful speech. She brought in her cousin's memory. With a firm voice she told us a date in December, where a military came into their house took her cousin, and abducted him. The next day, his body was found beaten, and murdered bloodily in a river or something. He was killed because of his "Journalistic Skills". Might I add he was also gay too.

Finton O' Toole, who is a journalist, and I think a former politician. He gave a speech on TOLERANCE. As part of the anti-gay strategy, the group told us that the sky would fall, if Divorce were to be introduced(which it has been enabled now), and likewise the contraception. If that were made to be available. and likewise if condoms were to be sold in Pharmacists and shops. He added that if gay marriage is on the cards, the sky would fall too and as he puts "He doesn't see the sky falling. "
And lastly, he said if you're looking for a slogan: Here's one for ya: "If you want a REPUBLIC, put a ring on it". WE all roared and cheered.

Grainne Healy who is a Chairwoman of Marriage Eqauilty spoke of ICCL(Irish Council for Civil Liberties)

Vicky who is a Transgender(I think) BUT defo a member of TENI(Transgender Equailtiy Network, Ireland) spoke out in support of Marriage Eqauiltiy.

Eoin Da Bardue, who represents LGBT Travellers came up to speak.

David Carroll, Ray Haugthen(' Scuse the spelling)(BOTH from BelongTo)

Iam Gamble(The person's name who was at the March as a speaker - just can't pronounce the person's name let alone spell it). Eitehrway the person was representing INTO(Irish National Teacher's Organisation) LGBT.

Laura Harden who is the President of the USI(Union of Student's of Ireland) left us with some beaitful sayings. by saying "here in the USI we have a saying: "United We will never be defeated" and another, "Ní neart go cur le chéile"(There is no strength without unity)

Then we both headed off, Fergal caught up with his crowd, Then we both headed on off home. He was meeting a friend at Panti Bar. He then suggested that I also try Matcha.

So then we left it at that, and dispersed. On the way home, I got a voicemail from Mom saying that my sis wouldn't be able for a visit which I normally would on a Sunday. So I rang her boyfriend, to ask me what the hell's going on. He explained, of which I shan't get into details.

So with that in mind, I was between 3 minds. Go to the meetup/Visit Mom and Dad/ or just simpley stay in. I had seen Mom and Dad already. So that was a no go, and if I were to simply stay in, I would be lonely. So that left me with one thing, which is the Meetup. I had already met Arwin from Friday's meetup for Lucy(Review to be provided in due course). So I decided to pop along to the meetup to see Into the Storm again(Review here). We met up with a new person Erin. She was coming from Germany. Another guy was to come along, but failed to show up. So Erin headed on towards her accommodation. And Arwin and I headed on up. He lives just off the main road of where I go up. He was telling me that he's on a diet, in particular Carb Diet. In that he don't take any cinema food bottomline. He explained to me why he was wanting abs. As I said to him in the cinema, that if any guy or gal says otherwise, then there's something wrong. He explained that due to his depression, that when he goes on a diet, his depression LIFTS. Which is quite fascinating. I told him of my precious. My Puppies Sammy and Patch. and also can't forget my Inflatables.

NEWS

Almost 8,000 people took part in the annual March for Marriage. It is hoped that it will be the last one, as Gay Marriage will be put to the people in Spring '15. Some people were wearing sashes, and that was actually because the newly crowned Rose of Tralee Maria Walsh recently came out gay ie a lesbian.

No comments:

Post a Comment