Wednesday 19 August 2015

Umi Falafel, Dame St., Dublin

Well I travelled along with my Vegetarian meetup group. We had been here in the past. I enjoyed my time. Food was exquisite. heheehe. The waiter knew his stuff and his dishes dietary. I was most impressed. He knew what was vegan and wasn't. Although the majority of the dishes on offer is Vegan, some are vegetarian. So I just wanted to make sure. Considering the place was bouncing, he was speculator. Ever since Delhi O' Delhi(Review here), closed down(RIP), I have been naming Umi Falafel as my FAV vegan/vegetarian restaurant. Umi is Arabic for "Mother".

Following is what I had


  • The Lebanese Falafel
  • Batata Hara/Wedges
  • Lentil Soup
  • Basbousa

The Lentil Soup, mmmmmmmm was heaven. Totally enjoyed it. Creamey(VEGAN) creamey soup.
I had asked the waiter what was the soup of the day and he reploied Brocoli Soup of which was I wasn't the best of. SO I chose a nicer soup of which I was glad. hahahah



I asked for a side order of Wedges or in Arabic BAtata Hara. They were a bit dry, spicyness was "Just Right". Not too hot, and not too bland(opposite of spicy), it was JUST RIGHT.


The Lebanese Falafel was filled in a wrap style or as they call it a Falafel. Filled with styuffiny type, Tomato, Cucumber, pickles, parsely and tahini sauce. It was scrumptious. IT would be suitable as a lunch. It was heaven. mmmmm.


I asked for a dessert menu. I quickly looked and chose Basbousa.


Mint Tea



No comments:

Post a Comment