Thursday 6 August 2015

Sova Vegan Butcher, Rathmines,

I popped along with a Vegetarian Group to this Restaurant. Its a pop-up restaurant meaning, that it won't be situated at a particular address permanently, it is due to close down here in Rathmines and hopefully it'll will have been found another home for the time being. Anyways getting back to the review at hand, It's very poorly sign posted, I was advised that the sign post was small, well how true is that. Upon arriving inside eventually, I found the environment to be very negative, very down and out building its in. When I arrived, I was shown the menu. The price is a BIG plus. I was most appreciative for that, for a guy or even a person who has a low budget. However with this mind, I can see why the price was low. I had a three course meal for €20 which is acceptable. However I'll go into further detail.

My first course was: Chickpeas and Kale Koftas paraley sioli/fennel and apple salad. This wasn't too bad. However as I later learned the Koftas or as the American's call it CornDog(Not sure if that's meat thou), I immediately began to devour it. It tasted exactly like the one I had as a kid in Romania Orphanage. The salad thou I found was very acidic, it was burning my lips etc., and even upsetting my stomach.
My next course was the main: Lentils and Aubergine Meatballs Creamy fennel and Dill sauce/garlic crostinni/pomegranate salad. The main wasn't too bad. Again very acidic. The bread was slightly hard, however I have since explained that it was roasted.

And my third and final course: was the the dessert aka the Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake. This was absolutely stunning. Enjoyed it immensely.
And as my last part of the review, I must give credit to the chef, the presentation of each course, was outstanding. I was most impressed. So my favorite meal, was NONE, but I most enjoyed the Koftas, as part of the Starter

Chickpeas and Kale Koftas paraley sioli/fennel and apple salad


Lentils and Aubergine Meatballs Creamy fennel and Dill sauce/garlic crostinni/pomegranate salad



Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake


Orange and Kale Juice


 Perfect Cuppa tea with Almond Milk




No comments:

Post a Comment