Friday 21 August 2015

Diary 21st August 2015

My sis popped down for some downloading. hehehe. Just before I headed out. I got a sudden rush of Diarrhea. It can't be lactose. As I haven't had a any diary product for awhile now. So my diagnosis STRESS. My sis brought up a major brawl I had with her. The anger that I had with my Dad, as I wasn't able to confront Dad, I brought it out to my sis. She knows how sorry I am, so does my body. Yet my body says keep living with the anger.

So I headed off on my merry way to Outhouse first. I encountered a few faces. Great seeing em. I was to see Christopher McGann after refriend him back on Facebook on Monday. He said he would be in the Outhouse on Tuesday. I then said I would be around, as I would be signing in anyways. heheeh. However it wasn't to be. So I bumped into him today. Was great afterall I hadn't seen him since last year at the LAST March for Marriage 2014. So then I headed on to see Pixels(Review here) in Cineworld.

I had seen the most anticipated film, I was deiing to see, my sister had seen it, and from the TV3's(Ireland' TV channel) trailer it looked so intriguing. I Decided again reviewing it. It wasn't worth the review. AS Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons says "Worst Film Ever".

Then I spent about an hour or so or even more I was playing around with VirtualBox which is a Virtual Machine software. Non of my Linux Distros wouldn't work not even the Windows Machines would work. VirtualBox was reporting that the Virtual Operating System was "thinking" I was running a 64Bit Virtual OS on a 32BIt REAL or Host Operating System. However I know for a fact that I have Windows 8.1 64Bit. Its what I paid for, and I ensured it was. So after investigating, It was found that when I was setting up the Virtual Machine at hand, I had selected the WRONG Operating System type. So for Windows 10 Virtual OS, I had selected 32Bit instead of 64BIt. But that said that's all that was available for me to choose. So I googled further: Following are the items for VIrtualBox to work properly:

  • Your Host Operating System must be a 64Bit if you download a 64BIt OS Image
  • BOTH Intel Virtualization Technology and VT-d enabled in BIOS
  • Hyper - V is disabled in Windows Features list. 
Now with me as I said above, my Host OS is 64Bit. Check
Both Intel technologys have Virtualization and VT-d enabled. Check
Hyper-V which is Microsoft new replace of Windows Virtual PC for Windows 8 upwards, is to be disabled. I looked  everywhere, still couldn't find it. It was then found that I need a Pro edition of Windows 8 of which I most certainly will not be doing so. 

So bottomline, I am still at a loss as to what to do next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment