Sunday 13 July 2014

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

When I saw the movie initially ie for the first time, one word came out with me. CONFUSION. There was the Decepticons, AutoBots and Humans. Then there was Grammers character and Tucci. It was just bloody frustrating. I did however go back again and again to the movie. Today being my 3rd time seeing it. I do feel that you MUST see the previous Transformers films. Now I have seen the previous film with Shia LeBouf. However, I DON'T remember it too well, hence why I was sooooo lost in this particular film. So I was left with guessing who is with who etc., etc., So after the 3rd time seeing it. I began to connect the dots. From what I can gather and understand, the Deceptioncs were with Humans in fighting the AutoBots which is kinda Ironic as the AutoBots are like the Deceoptuitcons. But as it happens, Decipteicons and AutoBots were all along against each other and hence the previous films portrayed that the AutoBots, took to the AutoBots or as Optimus Prime says: "I am forever in your debt".

The film starts of with the "Apocalyptic" event that occurred millions of years ago when the dinosaurs were aniolated. When the event occurs, the spaceships beam down and aniolate the dinosaurs making the dinosaurs into "Transformium" as we later learn. Then to present day, Cade(Wahlberg) who is a dead beat dad to a daughter - Tessa(PEltz) and who later learn Cade has to contend with SEXY Shane(Reynor). Cade in the meantime, comes home with a disused truck whom we later learn: "I think we've just found a transformer"(Cade). The disused truck is actually Optimus Prime(voiced by Cullen). The CIA gets hold of this missing truck from Lucas(Miller). He didn't think they "would be alien killers". Despite Lucas being told that the Govt don't offer money for the Alien activity he still went ahead and contacted them and reported the Truck being a Transformer. So Cade objects "Hey u don't have a warrant". CIA Director, James(Welliever) replies cleverly "My face is my warrant".

So while fighting ensues between Humans and Decepticons and Cade while trying to save his daughter, he encounters all the "alien gun". etc., He says as he's an inventor "Oh, man. I'm so gonna patent this shit". There was no short of comedy no question of it. The company KSI that is involved in this debacle of the Transformium have a lovely quote.

"Past is History
 Present is Past
 Future is NOW"

While Harold (Grammer) meets up with Lockdown - Decepticon(Ryan), Harold states: "We have a saying on earth, the enemy of my enemy is my friend".
Joshua tells his work colleagues when flaws are found in his Galvatron, later known as Megatron(providing the new Lockdown)that "A flaw is a total failure".
Brains(Wilson) explains to Cade, his daughter Tessa and the boyfriend that "No unions, no benefits" when transferring brain power while complaining of course.

One of Joshua(Tucci) comic aspects of the film, when they are all racing against time, they encounter elderly Chinese women and Joshua exclaims: "How the fuck do you say "get out of the way", in Chinese".
Another one: "Really, hide in a glass house"(Tucci)
And when the spaceship that crashes onto a car a dumbass of the driver wants Insurance. Cade replies "Good luck finding Insurance on a Space ship. He continued saying to his daughter "Sweetie, get my alien gun".
While conversing with Optimus Prime, Cade says "Teenager," and Optimus replies " I went through the same thing with Bumblebee."

So overall GREAT movies. But even after the third time watching it, STILL can't get the plot. It'll take a few more runs to the Movie Theater.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2109248/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt






























When I saw the movie initially i.e for the first time, one word came
out with me. CONFUSION. There was the Decepticons, AutoBots and Humans.
Then there was Grammers character and Tucci. It was just bloody
frustrating. I did however go back again and again to the movie. Today
being my 3rd time seeing it. I do feel that you MUST see the previous
Transformers films. Now I have seen the previous film with Shia LeBouf.
However, I DON'T remember it too well, hence why I was so lost in this
particular film. So I was left with guessing who is with who etc.,
etc., So after the 3rd time seeing it. I began to connect the dots.
From what I can gather and understand, the Deceptioncs were with Humans
in fighting the AutoBots which is kinda Ironic as the AutoBots are like
the Deceoptuitcons. But as it happens, Decipteicons and AutoBots were
all along against each other and hence the previous films portrayed
that the AutoBots, took to the AutoBots or as Optimus Prime says: "I am
forever in your debt". 

The film starts of with the "Apocalyptic" event that occurred millions
of years ago when the dinosaurs were killed. When the event occurs, the
spaceships beam down and killed the dinosaurs making the dinosaurs into
"Transformium" as we later learn. Then to present day, Cade(Wahlberg)
who is a dead beat dad to a daughter - Tessa(Peltz) and who later learn
Cade has to contend with Shane(Reynor). Cade in the meantime, comes
home with a disused truck whom we later learn: "I think we've just
found a transformer"(Cade). The disused truck is actually Optimus
Prime(voiced by Cullen). The CIA gets hold of this missing truck from
Lucas(Miller). He didn't think they "would be alien killers". Despite
Lucas being told that the Govt don't offer money for the Alien activity
he still went ahead and contacted them and reported the Truck being a
Transformer. So Cade objects "Hey u don't have a warrant". CIA
Director, James(Welliever) replies cleverly "My face is my warrant". 

So while fighting ensues between Humans and Decepticons and Cade while
trying to save his daughter, he encounters all the "alien gun". etc.,
He says as he's an inventor "Oh, man. I'm so gonna patent this shit".
There was no short of comedy no question of it. The company KSI that is
involved in this debacle of the Transformium have a lovely quote. 

"Past is History
Present is Past
Future is NOW"

While Harold (Grammer) meets up with Lockdown - Decepticon(Ryan),
Harold states: "We have a saying on earth, the enemy of my enemy is my
friend". Joshua tells his work colleagues when flaws are found in his
Galvatron, later known as Megatron(providing the new Lockdown)that "A
flaw is a total failure". Brains(Wilson) explains to Cade, his daughter
Tessa and the boyfriend that "No unions, no benefits" when transferring
brain power while complaining of course. 

One of Joshua(Tucci) comic aspects of the film, when they are all
racing against time, they encounter elderly Chinese women and Joshua
exclaims: "How the **** do you say "get out of the way", in Chinese".
Another one: "Really, hide in a glass house"(Tucci) And when the
spaceship that crashes onto a car with the driver wanting Insurance.
Cade replies "Good luck finding Insurance on a Space ship. He continued
saying to his daughter "Sweetie, get my alien gun". While conversing
with Optimus Prime, Cade says "Teenager," and Optimus replies " I went
through the same thing with Bumblebee."

So overall GREAT movies. But even after the third time watching it,
STILL can't get the plot. It'll take a few more runs to the Movie
Theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment