Thursday 3 July 2014

Diary 2nd July 2014

I did hear a bit of banging, I said to myself, that if Maureen(Nun) goes and starts banging etc., that I will delay in meeting up with  her. However she wasn't too bad. She just left food and headed onwards. So eventually I go up at half 7 instead of quarter past 5, which I don't understand how I missed out. Aghh well. So I got dressed, and headed onto meet O' Farrell to see a film. We weren't sure exactly what film yet.

As I was heading into town, I did note though that there was quite alot of Alcohol, be they alcoholics or just drinking. I found it to be a bit early. hahaha.
I also noted as well that there ain't that much pubs as there used to be, as a result of the Smoking Ban introduced by former Minster of Health Mícheál Martin(Fianna Fáil) back in 2004.

So then I met O' Farrell. We decided to see Walking On Sunshine. Review here. WE chatted for a bit. Then we headed into the screen. After the film, O' Farrell got the bus home. I noted when I was walking towards Henry St., that there were blue lights ie Emergency services. So I headed towards it. And it was found that some guy jumped off the O' Connell St., Bridge. Apparently naked. He was stoned off his head. Perhaps Alcohol or something. One of the Gardaí was in his trackies. I've noticed this of late. Last week when I was getting stuff from Lidls, on the way to Lidls. There were armed gaurds, of all forms. One of a few there was gardaí in casual wear and wearing Trackies too.

NEWS

Minister for Education and Skills Ruari Quinn, has announced his resignation after 40 years in Politics. He served under Dick Spring and Eamonn Gilmore. His resignation takes affect when the Cabinet Reshuffle is announced(which is very imminent). He will not be standing for the next General Election. He will not seek to be a member of Government after the election of the new Leader of the Labour Party. Her served as Cllr, Senator and TD. He was Leader, Minister for Education and Skills, Minister for Finance, Deputy Leader. Joined in 60s. Longest serving Labour Cabinet Minister in the history of the State.

Today is teh 50th Anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights Act in America. Landmark Legislation t banned the Segregation of African Americans. Only 5% believe the goals of the Civil Rights Movements have been achieved.
"Let us close the springs on Racial poison. Let us lay aside irrelevant differences. And Make our nation Whole. " - Lyndon B Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment