Sunday 7 June 2015

Diary 7th June 2015

Well today was the day, I was to travel 33KM by bike obviously out to The Happy Pear, Greystones, Co. Wicklow. I got up slightly later than anticipated. The plan was that I was meeting Vegetarian Society of Ireland Meetup group. They were to travel by DART and then hop off at Bray to walk the Bray-Greystones Cliffwalk for a further 1.5hr - 2hrs. So I said to myself, sure they won't arrive on time. I had asked at the meetup site, what time they expect to arrive, the reply was 2.45pm. So I said I'd aim for 3pm and leave my place for 1pm, so instead I left on my two hour journey for half. Not my best as you'll soon about to find out. haahah.

So I set about. When I arrived at Bray about an hr to an hour and half, I was well chuffed that I had arrived safe and sound and chuffed. Then I headed onto the actual cliff. Now the deal is Google Maps only offered me ONE route, which is absurd, why you ask me? Well I'll tell you. I had to WALK the 2hr Cliff Walk as NO cycling is for obvious reasons  is permitted. ahahah. Now don't get me wrong, the view was spectacular remind me as if I were in Italy. In fact I actually questioned myself, as in was I in Italy or Ireland. ahahah. The sea was as blue as.... - whatever the simile is. ehehhe. Was lovely to see Bray thou where our childhood was, ym sis' and I's. It had changed slightly. Not much. But anyways, I arrived. However an hr and half late. So when I arrived at the Happy Pear eventually, the place was booming. Weather was lovely, And couldn't find the vegetarian crowd anywhere. So I contacted one of them via Facebook. And was shocked more so surprised to hear they were on the DART on the way home. heheeh. Now obviously, I had arrived quite late and yeh yehh yehhh etc., etc., so I was upset alrite, as expected. Now considering it was a lovely day. I kinda thought they would stick around a bit longer. Like come on. So I headed on off in a huff. I had planned. If I hadn't seen them, that I would just get a bite to eat. But no, I just headed off, with a view of actually going home starving me guts, and just fall into bed or whatever. hahaha

So I set about on my 2hr journey. hahaah again. with NO rest whatsoever. There was this annoying hill, that really tired me and strugggled me to get home. haahah. So I exclaimed "Ah Lord( in a Meath accent)". I hate hills to the core. Ask any cyclist. Maybe the experience love em, I ain't sure. ahahahah. ON the way to Dublin, I recognised the couple that had been on the cliff walk with their bikes, like I said, you couldn't actually cycle, ya had to walk. So then headed onwards. My body in particular my legs, were killing me. So I was FORCED to stop by means of stopping off at a restaurant in Shankill. Continued on with the journey onto Stradbrook, something like that. Then onto Ballybrack. So I continued my journey all the way up to Dublin with DAD's thinking cap. My phone btw did I not mention, was DEAD. So hear I am 33KM away from Fairview, and I knew my phone would die. But what I didn't know, it would last ONLY 2hrs. It literally that it would only last my journey TO Happy Pear. It literealyl died when I arrived at Happy Pear. I wanted to take pics, but couldn't. You can be sure the next time, I will be bringing my Digital Camera next time. I then headed on home. While on long jounrey Dad would right out a list of Towns to the destination. He would then follow the signs. So for. eg While in Dublin, there would be no signs for say Killarney or Cork City, its tooo far. So there woudl be signs for closer towns on the way. So thats What I did. I isntead of followign signs for Bray(which funny wasn't any) from Greystones, I jstu took A road, and followed STRAIGHT. I then headed up there and started seeing signs and roads familar e.g the R761 and the N31/N11. So I was chuffed. So I jstu headed on home following signs for N11 etc., etc., ENSURING I don't go near Motorways, as cyclists are NOT allowed on motorways at all.

So then I arrived in Dublin about almost 8ish, looking for ANOTHER HOT food to have. So I had left Shankill around 5, So it took me slightly longer to get back. But eitherway, I totally enjoyed my self cycling. It was truly amazing. According to Dailymile, I cycled almost 85KM in one 4-5hr period. I was explaining to my sis earlier on in the week, that it was my expectation, that I do the 2hr journey and then BREAK by eating or wahtever then CYCLE. Like I did with Dundrum. Except it was raining that night. ahahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment