Wednesday 17 June 2015

Diary 17th June 2015

Well as with my soar aching leg, I couldn't bear the thought of going to bed. And plus I'd have to be early for the meal. So then I quickly showered. Then got ready for the meal. They collected me and my sis. WE set off for Avoca, Malahide Castle, Co. Dublin(Review here). We had a great laugh. Like Mom had said "She was watching a program on TV". Well the fit I got. ahahha. So after a great laugh, we all headed to the Garden Center. I hadn't been at Malahide Castle since I was a kid. I remember the swings, but couldn't remember the restaurant. Dad told me however the Railway Museum used to be where the cafe is now. Oh I know the Garden Center too well. haahha. Then we headed back to the folks place for dessert.

So we all dispersed. I of course left my cable for the cell behind, so cycled up to the folks to get it. When I got back, I did a bit of recording and while doing so, I sorted my shorts out so that I could find out what would be acceptable for Gear on Saturday night.

Just about before I headed to bed, remembering I hadn't slept yet, I actually found that not only is my McAfee working again, fingers crossed, but actually my cell I think has now gotten the Lollipop update. Oh boy, am so delighted. After so many forums etc. etc., of giving out with the length of time it was taking to deliver the Update of the Android Operating System. I shall be installing it, as part my Monthly Update schedule I normally do. I also got my McAfee installing. I don't know what happened, however since i updated the McAfee as per normal, the Real-Time Scanner failed to turn on, even though I asked for it to turn it, it failed to scan which got me worried.

NEWS

Relatives and friends have started to travel to the Berkeley, CA, USA.

The names of the victims of the tragedy has been announced.

Lorcán Miller 21, from Shankhill, studying MEdicne UCD. Former student of St. Andrews Booterstwon
Olivia BUrke cousins 21 studying DADT, staff East Coast FM
Eimear Walsh 21 studying Medicaine UCD
Niccolai Schuster 21 Terneure studying UCD forner ckassnaet if Eion Culligan.
Eoin Culligan strydugbat at DIT, loved GAA. Played at Ballyboden St Enda GAA Club
AShley DOnohoe I/Ads Cousin of  Olivia Burke. Irish American who lived there.

The New York Tiems paper int eh States, has come under fire in awake to this tragedy. Reason being one fo the editors has branded Ireland as being a "source of embarassment for IReland". Full quote is as follows:

"But the work-visa program that allowed for the exchanges has in recent years become not just a source of aspiration, but also a source of embarrassment for Ireland, marked by a series of high-profile episodes involving drunken partying and the wrecking of apartments in places like San Francisco and Santa Barbara."

With the above text, Eileen Murphy, the Vice President of Corporate Communications at the New York Times: issued the following statement:

"We understand and agree that some of the language in the piece could be interpreted as insensitive, particularly in such close proximity to this tragedy. It was never our intention to blame the victims and we apologize if the piece left that impression"

The Public Affairs Editor of the New York Times, Margaret Sullivan, posted on her blog the following: "My take on this: The thrust of the story was insensitive, and the reaction to it understandable. An examination of the building's structure, rather than the behavior of young people in the J-1 program, would have been a more appropriate focus for a second-day story."

30% in the number of callers to the Dublin Rape Crisis Center's Helpline. The Dublin Rape Crisis Center launched their annual report.

The findings is as follows
  • Just over 12,000 reached out for help in 2014 either by phone, email or SMS(text messaging)
  • 55% of those were first time contacters, rising up 30% from 2013
  • A rise of 14% in the number of callers reporting Adult Rape
  • An increase of 71% in the number of crisis appointments with therapists for recent rapes and sexual assault

No comments:

Post a Comment