Sunday 15 June 2014

Diary 15th June 2014

I got up with great excitement to the highlight of the calendar year. The Big Gay Sing in the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre. It was truly an amazing event. It was announced towards the end of the night, that it raised over €35k towards Marriage Equality. We will need every cent of it, to win the Referendum next year. I first met O' Farrell at the NCI and we headed on over to Bord Gáis Energy. This was gonna be a Birthday to never forget for him. I treated him to a Birthday night he'd never forget. So then we were asked to wait outside the auditorium. We had popcorn. The popcorn was not the best quality I've ever had. Very salty and NOT fresh sense of taste, I was getting. We bumped into two guys, one of which we recognised from the Outhouse. Although it took a bit of time for me to recognise him. hehehe. So afterwards we all went into the Auditorium. We waited a few minutes for the Concert to start. The view was a bit disturbing, in that the roof of the above seating was in the way of the view of the concert. So shortly before the concert started, we were informed by the staff, that a row was nearer the view of the view of the stage was available. So we could sit anywhere. We were so lucky, in that the view was much better.

So after a while, the curtain was raised and after awhile we were treated by Ms Panti(aka Rory O' Neill). I've always adored him and inspired by him. The concert got off to a lively start via an onscreen whereby the lyrics were onscreen and we could sing to our hearts content. WE belted out the tunes of The Sound of Music Medley, It was spectacular then a few other tunes. Then Dancing Queen came, more tunes were belted out. Then it came time for an interval. So Brendan went out first to get a coke, and then I followed him, I got Roberts Green Tea. Beautiful it was. Then after went back in with him. The two guys we met(One from being in the Outhouse and his mate)  joined us.  Ms Panti then paid tribute to Senator David Norris who started the Gay Rights Movement in Ireland. Then after a bit of music, we were treated to a first time LIVE Marriage Proposal. I got so emotional over it (well in the heart). first time a live Marriage Proposal between John(if I can recall his name) and Brad. May I wish them the very best of luck to them both.

Sound of Music - Medley
Cher - Believe - When this was being sung, I was thinking of Jack from Will & Grace and his love of Cher. It was a fantastic rendition.
Lady Gaga - Edge of Glory
Abba - Dancing Queen - All I can think of is my Pops, as he loves ABba.
WE Are Family - Medley


NEWS

Casey Casem has died. He died of Louie Body Disease(a form of Dementia). He was a DJ and hosted America's Top 40. He died at the age of 82. I would have known him, when he guest starred in Saved By The Bell in the earlier episodes. May he RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment