Friday 22 May 2015

Diary 22nd May 2015 - MARRIAGE EQUALITY REFERENDUM DAY

I was at Men's Night in the Outhouse. A fairly good point was made in relation to Voting methods. IN the UK they use a different system. In the Republic of Ireland we use PSV(Proportional Representation Voting system) which is based on preference. So Candidate 1 gets 1st preferential votes, then afterwards there are second preferences etc., etc., depending the constituency. Then they count all the 1's and 2's etc., and it goes on and on.

The lads only notice my glasses being gone. Even thou its being gone for months. hahaah.

MEMORY

A memory came back to me while talking about the "gayest" day in history tomoz when the votes are being counted. Because we also have the Eurovision 2015 Grand Final as well. Sporting night back in 2009. Bernard the boxer who won a World Title in the Boxing Championship. Ireland also won the Grand Slam in the Six Nations. I remember I was working in Kennedy's. And chatting to Noel Hughes via text. I remember saying to him this is history in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment